Visualize the Digital Footprints of Workflows and Improve Them with Process Mining
Process mining takes an empirical approach to create visuals from transaction data to understand all components of a process. From there, you can identify ways to improve it and hit your operational efficiency goals.
Convinced and ready to get started on your automation journey?
What Is Process Mining and How Does It Work?
Process mining includes analyzing logfile data and tracking business and IT processes. It uses existing data within your information systems to display the reality of the process, not the expectation. As a result, you have clarity around the “true” steps of a process, the time each takes, and the business context.
With this visual representation, you can identify gaps between ideal and actual states. Some gaps will present challenges requiring further analysis, only solvable with changes to people, processes, and technology. However, many of those gaps represent opportunities to deploy automation.
What Can You Do with Process Mining?
Process mining applies to many processes, including manufacturing, logistics, supply chains, accounting, and IT.
- Understand a process from end to end in current and legacy systems.
- Enable data-driven decision-making.
- Standardize and streamline processes.
- Improve performance management.
- Identify automation opportunities to eliminate unnecessary steps, and reduce costs and resource needs.
- Resolve bottlenecks in every process.
What Are the Benefits of Process Mining?
Process mining is critical in developing automation strategies that help you achieve operational efficiency and digital transformation goals. Almost 80 percent of companies that automate concur that process mining was key to their successful deployment. Other benefits of using this framework include:
- Get a complete view of processes across the enterprise efficiently
- Understand the facts.
- Uncover the culprits in processes that are the true bottlenecks.
- Monitor processes and measure improvements continuously.
- Obtain an audit trail on processes to satisfy any compliance requirements.
All these advantages are within reach when you understand each process and leverage automation to improve them. When you get to this state, you’re more likely to hit operational efficiency objectives.
Process Mining in Action
Process Mining is the ideal tool to accelerate and improve outcomes of any Six Sigma project. This webinar will show you why.
Learn how the interplay of Process Mining, RPA, and all the other components of the UiPath Hyperautomation platform enables the sustainable improvement of processes and maximization of efficiency.
Automation Resources Hub
Guides, eBooks, Infographics, White Papers, and Case Studies
Browse by live and on-demand webinars across a wide variety of IA topics
Thought Leadership Articles
Your source for RPA and Hyperautomation thought leadership and education